Форум русскоязычного сообщества Ubuntu

Следите за новостями русскоязычного сообщества Ubuntu в Twitter-ленте @ubuntu_ru_loco

Автор Тема: Ubuntu Is Moving Windows Controls Back To The Right  (Прочитано 3328 раз)

Оффлайн Haron Prime

• Автор темы
  • Почётный модератор
  • Старожил
  • Нетолерантный социопат
    • Просмотр профиля
Ubuntu Is Moving Windows Controls Back To The Right
« : 03 Августа 2017, 15:00:07 »
New details about what the Ubuntu desktop will look like in Ubuntu 17.10 have surfaced — and there are some major changes ahead.

Among them a change in the position of window controls (or window buttons, depending on your preferred parlance).

Yes, Canonical has finally reached a decision on the oddly contentious, bizarrely controversial, and yet consistently questioned subject of default window button placement.

For Ubuntu 17.10, going forward, window controls will be on the right.

Or moving back to the right, I should say. Ubuntu moved them to the left back in 2010 (to much outrage and sabre rattling at the time). I suspect there’ll be plenty of outrage and sabre rattling att he reverse, too!

Window borders will display visible minimize, maximize and close buttons by default. This is, to me at least, a minor relief as upstream GNOME only shows close by default.

With GNOME Tweak Tool lets you move window controls and re-order them, so if you don’t think you’ll gel well with the right-aligned vibe it is super-duper easy to switch ’em back to where you want ’em.

Window Buttons on the Right Sort of Makes Sense
Upstream GNOME puts window buttons on the right, and the GNOME Desktop User Survey results showed us that a majority of Ubuntu’s own users want window buttons on the right.

So, for Ubuntu 17.10, on the right they’ll be.

But do you think it is the right decision?

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/08/ubuntu-moves-window-controls-right

Страница сгенерирована за 0.051 секунд. Запросов: 25.