Форум русскоязычного сообщества Ubuntu

Увидели сообщение с непонятной ссылкой, спам, непристойность или оскорбление?
Воспользуйтесь ссылкой «Сообщить модератору» рядом с сообщением!

Автор Тема: Annoucing netplan -- Consolidated YAML network configuration across Ubuntu  (Прочитано 2522 раз)

Оффлайн graddata

• Автор темы
  • PreSale
  • Администратор
  • Старожил
  • BIGCloud
    • Просмотр профиля
Annoucing netplan -- Consolidated YAML network configuration across Ubuntu
Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Mon Aug 1 06:18:28 UTC 2016

Hi,
I read through the current yaml and recognized a lot from curtin/Maas that I knew. There is one point I wanted to ... well not discuss, but mention at least.

As a habit I still think in "system z" terms once in a while and in that case this is good as it is "different". And different is good to identify rough edges of spec like this.

So in that s390x world and reading this announcement as written with a scope of: "unify and clean up networking configuration" I'd miss:
- a way configure my Network card options (layer2, hwchksum, ..)
- a way to identify my card by subchannel

Both are currently handled by chzdev of [1] (networkd picks up later by card name) and therefore don't apply to configuring networkd/NetworkManager.
But they are clearly networking related configurations.

So it is a matter of our intended "target":
- If we think of it as one place to configure all I need for my networking  config, but just above a certain level - I think it is ok.
- If we think of it as one place to configure all I need for my networking  config - it is missing something.

To be clear that is not a feature request in any way, I just want to ensure that this "separating line" between Network-Hardware and Network-Logical configuration is a conscious and intentional decision instead of happening accidentally.

More so I think this should be a chance to everyone else to bring up examples that might cross this line even more and should be considered into the netplan yaml.

Kind Regards,
Christian

[1]: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/s390-tools

Christian Ehrhardt
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server
Canonical Ltd

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 11:14 AM, Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com>
wrote:

(Нажмите, чтобы показать/скрыть)

Оффлайн graddata

• Автор темы
  • PreSale
  • Администратор
  • Старожил
  • BIGCloud
    • Просмотр профиля

Страница сгенерирована за 0.062 секунд. Запросов: 25.